Teak Revived after Years of Weather

After years of weather on the Chesapeake the teak on this boat has changed. The old varnish has failed and needs the be removed. After that I clean the teak to remove the oxidation and dirt. This makes the teak ready for a old system that I have mastered over the years. This system is a oil based varnish that doesn’t peal or crack. For this project I’m only doing the second step, oiling the the wood which rejuvenates the wood and repels water basically the wood will be ready for the third step varnishing. The photos here show the teak after the old varnish has been removed and the cleaned. By the way the linseed oil soap I make will achieve this result.

Finished teak rub rail with Deks Olje!

Just finished the six coat of D2 varnish. Looking great and the owner is very pleased! The oil varnishes provide such a deep rich color for your Teak. Please give a call to discuss this great method of teak refinishing. I’m going to become a distributor for the Deks Olje products along the Western shore of the Chesapeake. More to follow.

Teak Rub Rail done with Deks Olje

The 30′ Westsail is getting her teak rub rail re done. The old varnish was peeling off and needed to be removed. Once the varnish was removed I cleaned the teak with Deks deck cleaner and proceeded to apply the D1 oil three coats. Now I’m applying the D2 oil varnish six coats! Deks Olje is a oil varnish ment not to peel or crack. The maintenance is much less over time just clean with the Deks cleaner and re-coat. No sanding no removal of old varnish. I’m anticipating three to five years until it has to be recoated!

Finished our S2!

I’m very happy to say our S2 11 Meter is going in the water! The total project took just about five months from start to finish. The entire hull has been redone including fixing the rudder. I used Interlux products and West System for the patching and the rudder work. I used bright sides for the top sides and 2000E for the barrier coat followed by VC Offshore for the bottom paint. The results came out great! Very happy to be going in the water!

Applied first coat of bottom paint!

We are getting close to finishing our boat Russlynn! I just applied the fist coat of bottom paint. I decided to go with a hard bottom paint, Interlux VC Offshore. I’ll apply two coats. Just have to prep where the jack stands were barrier coat and apply the bottom paint. We are scheduled to launch for Memorial Day weekend!

Finished the Topside!

I just finished painting the top sides of our boat. The job came out great! I used Interlux Brighsides with the Pre Kote primer(2) coats. Application method was tip and roll. This method worked well leaving a smooth gloss finish. Use of the 333 brushing thinner necessary around ten percent. Results are looking great plus our boat has a name now, Russlynn!

Lynn⚓️Sea Cleaning

I just wanted to show another great way to use my Linseed oil soap. I found this hand pump in our recycle bin at the marina. It was corroded and look like it hadn’t been cleaned in years! Just a bucket of warm water a stainless steel scrubber and the soap. The results are great the pump even works! Great soap for the boat!

%d bloggers like this: